Upcoming Concerts in Minneapolis You Don't Want to Miss
Summer is officially here, which means concert season is in full swing in Minneapolis. July is a packed month for shows, so don’t miss out on listening to some of the biggest music acts like Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, Toby Keith and more to start your summer.
Here’s a line-up of the most notable events announced so far:
- July 1: Ed Sheeran. James Blunt and Ed Sheeran are playing the Xcel Energy Center this July. The two will perform songs off Sheeran’s album, “Divide,” and Blunt’s, “The Afterlove.”
- July 8: Gavin DeGraw. Gavin DeGraw is performing songs off his, “Something Worth Saving,” album at the Basilica of St. Mary this summer.
- July 14: Adam Lambert and Queen. Adam Lambert and Queen will be performing as Queen + Adam Lambert at the Xcel Energy Center. The band will be playing classic Queen songs and some of Lambert’s music.
- July 28: Paramore. X Ambassadors will be opening for Paramore at the Grand Casino Hinckley Events and Convention Center, as Paramore performs songs from their new album, “After Laughter.”
- July 29: Florida Georgia Line. Florida Georgia Line is playing at Target Field, alongside Nelly and Chris Lane. The country duo will be playing songs from their latest album, “Dig Your Roots.”
Don’t see a name you like? No worries — plenty of other artists are visiting Minneapolis in July, including Ann Wilson of Heart, The Goo Goo Dolls, Wiz Khalifa, Santana and more.
August Concerts in Minneapolis
Concert season in Minneapolis will continue in August with visits from several country artists, as well as Bruno Mars. Find out who’s visiting below:
- Aug. 5: Bruno Mars. Bruno Mars is playing at the Xcel Energy Center. He’ll be performing songs off his new album, “24k Magic.”
- Aug. 9: Blink-182. Blink-182 is coming to the Mystic Lake Casino Hotel this summer. The band will be playing their latest album, “California,” for fans.
- Aug. 19: Kendrick Lamar. Kendrick Lamar is performing at the Xcel Energy Center in support of his newest album, “DAMN,” with Travis Scott and D.R.A.M. as his opening acts.
- Aug. 25 and 26: Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw are playing at the Xcel Energy Center in their “Soul2Soul” tour. The duo will be performing duets, as well as songs from their individual albums.
- Aug. 27: Toby Keith. Toby Keith is coming to the Minnesota State Fairgrounds to perform hit songs from past albums.
Tons of other acts, from Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga to Coldplay and Pat Benatar, are also coming to Minneapolis this summer. If you catch one, consider stopping in for a pizza and craft beer at Tasty Pizza, home to the tastiest pizza in town.