3 Summer Recipes That Include Beer
When the hot, hazy days and long, balmy nights of summer roll around again, there's nothing more refreshing than a cold splash of craft beer to tantalize your taste buds and cool you down. All those delicious drinks call for some accompanying dishes, but that doesn't mean you have to put the bottle down and say goodbye to that irresistible beer flavor. Here's how to take it a step further and incorporate your love for a good brew into some sweet summer recipes with beer.
BEER MAC AND CHEESE
Nothing beats the gooey, chewy delight of some comforting cheesy macaroni — unless, of course, there's beer involved. Try this delicious, creamy mac and cheese with a hint of beer to spice up all your summer picnics.
- Ingredients: One package elbow macaroni, 1/4 cup flour, 3/4 cups amber ale, five crumbled strips of cooked bacon, 2 cups shredded fontina, 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, 3 cups shredded cheddar, 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 1/2 cups milk, 2 tablespoons minced chives, 1 tablespoon ground mustard, 3/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup butter
- How to Make: Begin by cooking the macaroni according to package instructions. When pasta is al dente, strain and set aside. Meanwhile, heat butter and garlic on medium-high heat in a Dutch oven and stir. After one minute, add the salt, pepper, mustard and flour and continue to stir until mixture is smooth, then whisk in milk, cream and beer. Bring to a boil and cook for two minutes, stirring until thickened. Reduce heat, then add in cheddar, fontina and 1 tablespoon parmesan. Stir until melted, toss in chives and stir the macaroni into the cheese sauce. Transfer into a greased baking dish, sprinkle with remaining parmesan and bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Top with crumbled bacon and enjoy.
CHEESY RANCH BEER DIP
Need a delicious quick fix for a summer party? Try this hoppy, flavorful dip perfect for pairing with pretzels.
- Ingredients: 1/3 cup beer, two packages softened cream cheese, 2 cups shredded cheddar, one package ranch dressing mix, pretzels
- How to Make: In a mixing bowl, beat together beer, dressing mix and cream cheese until smooth, then stir in cheddar cheese. It's that simple! Serve in your favorite dip bowl and dig in with pretzels.
BEER BRAT CHILI
Need a spicy meal to mix up for your friends, family or evening entertainment this summer? Chili is a changeable classic, and this beer-infused version will have everyone coming back for seconds. Best of all, it's so easy to prepare when you have a slow cooker.
- Ingredients: One can pinto beans, one can cannellini beans, one can black beans, one can diced tomatoes with juice, one can green chilies and diced tomatoes with juice, one package sliced and cooked beer bratwurst, 1 cup beer, one medium chopped red pepper, One medium chopped onion, 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, one minced garlic clove, 1/4 cup chili seasoning
- How to Make: Make sure each can of beans is fully drained and rinsed, then combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and simmer on low, covered, for five to six hours. Dinner for everyone has never been so easy or tasty.
Stay cool this summer with the tastiest brews and beer recipes!